Saturday, April 27, 2019 / by Connie Tracy
Even though you may not have the large backyard, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy entertaining outdoors. Make the most of your patio and turn it into a paradise. Here are some tips for how to decorate small spaces for outdoor entertaining.
* Arrange the furniture the right way:
The best way to maximize space is to arrange your furniture around the perimeter of deck or patio. Think twice before placing a table in the center, and instead give your guests plenty of room to stand or move around.
* Add extra seating with large pillows:
Get a few extra spots for guests to sit without taking up too much space by throwing in some large floor pillows. They add an extra element of coziness. Plus they're easy to add or subtract.
* Use color wisely:
Color can make all the difference when decorating, especially in such a small space. Keep things fresh and airy by sticking to a neutral palette in whites or grays. You can even add a bit of pop with some eye-catching patterns a ...
Monday, April 22, 2019 / by Pamela Glende
Home selling Mistakes.
What to avoid when selling your home.
1. You hired a real estate agent and told them what to price the home at. If your agent quickly agrees to a price you recommend without doing their homework you may be setting yourself up for failure. A good agent will do their homework and provide comps of similar homes to come up with true market value. Over pricing can cause your home to sit on the market and in the end, you will most likely get less than market value. It is key to price your home correctly. Your agent should be honest and upfront with you.
2. Your agent didn’t advise you on how the home selling process works. You should know the process before listing. Ask questions, be sure of what to expect. After all nobody likes unwanted surprises. Your agent should educate you on what to expect and give you an idea of how things should go.
3. Yo ...
Monday, April 22, 2019 / by Pamela Glende
Would you like to sell your home quickly? Are you anxious to purchase your next home? Do you want your home to stand out from your competition?
Here are some tips that can help you sell your home quickly.
1. Home staging. Did you know that homes that are staged properly sell 90% faster than homes that are not staged. This doesn’t mean you have to move all your furniture out and have furniture brought in unless it is vacant. If you hire a great real estate agent, they will be able to advise you of what furniture to remove and what should stay in the home. They will help you by advising where to place the furniture in each room. They will also advise you on how to get the home ready to sell.
2. Clean clean clean. How will the buyer feel the moment they come into your home? It is imperative that your home is very clean. This means that the home should be scrubbed and clean. Everything from bathr ...
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 / by Elizabeth Sorensen
If you’re getting ready to move, whether you are trying to sell your home or you’ve already purchased a new one, one of the first things that tends to cause stress in the process is the fear of packing all of your stuff. Whether you’ve been in your current space for a few months or several years, you’ve probably accumulated plenty of things you use and love, and even more items you haven’t touched since you brought them home. Now is the perfect time to purge those items and start fresh in your new home with intentional decor and less clutter. Here are some of the things you’ll save when you let go:
Instead of waiting until you’re ready to move, start sorting through your items now. Sell, donate, or trash the items that you’ve decided don’t have a place in your future home. When you’re ready to pack up for your move, you’ll save so much time because you’ll have less to pack (and unpack).
Sunday, April 7, 2019 / by Dennis Isip
The ideal situation is to be able to buy your new home, without having to sell your existing home. That you means, you either have the cash to buy the second home, or the financial qualifications to obtain a bank loan.
However, most people are not in such a position. Fortunately, you can insert a simple legal clause in the sale of your home, that will minimize your anxiety levels when selling and simultaneously buying your next residence.
When undertaking back-to-back transactions of selling and then buying real estate, timing is everything. The critical factor is to prepare and complete as many tasks as possible, up front, before signing those legal contracts to transfer ownership from one person to another.
Buying in a Seller’s Market
In a seller's market that we have today, it is easier to sell, than to buy. Spokane has been at historic low levels of inventory for over two years now, as of this writing. Buyers have a lot of competition, because th ...